Friday, June 23, 2006

40 miles off!

No answer has yet been posted for the individual spots, but the total distance traveled was 468 miles. I got an answer between 425 and 430. I guess I was not only slow but very wrong about something. My Week 2 answers were spot on so I'm curious where I messed up.

The Google US World Championship Puzzle and Solutions are available for download along with some practice problems for which I can't find an answer. Here is the first answer to the "solutions-less" practice problems:

Sudoku Variation: 10 points (5 point bonus)

Place the digits 1 through 7 into the empty squares (one per square) so that each digit appears exactly once in each of the following 21 regions: the seven rows, the seven columns, the six colored sections, and the special set of seven gray squares.
The answer is:


The format they request has the answer: 31642752746513

Balancing Act: 15 points

Assign the values 1 through 10 to the weights in the diagram so that everything balances as shown. Each value will be used exactly once.

The format they request has the answer: 83410751269

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home